Such a wonderful honor to be thought of and appreciated! In addition, it’s awesome to get to know the nominators a bit better. Thank you, Crystal Grasso (Ward) of Maybe Crazy Help fame for the nomination! As she mentions in her header, Crystal’s blog does a great job of helping others understand mental health in a unique way. Go check it out!
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award
The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award passed down from blogger to blogger as a way to show appreciation. The blogs that create inspirational content, shows great creativity, and positivity is selected by a previous nominee. It’s a pretty neat award system!
This helps newer blogs get discovered, grows your network, and can also help you make beautiful friendships with like-minded people. While you are encouraged to participate, you don’t have to. It’s okay if you decide not to, blogging is hard work but the nominees definitely deserve the shoutout.
My answers to Crystal’s questions
What do you enjoy doing outside of blogging?
For purely selfish reasons, reading. I love the quality alone time and the fantasy world in books is a bonus! But the tie for that would be spending quality time with friends. My dearest, truest friends give me balance when I’m over-worked or grappling with life in some ugly fashion.
Where is your favorite place to go with friends and family?
Literally, anywhere! It’s about being with them, not where we are together. Now, vacationing is another story. Any white beach which has great weather, clear water, and palm trees is THE place to go!
What is your favorite way to relax after a long day?
Good food, good drink, and a mattress.
Do you prefer video games on a console, games on a phone, or board games?
Definitely not on a console, and I don’t play a whole lot of board games anymore but they were fun when I was younger. Now, I only play games on my phone and then only because I’m in a situation where I’m bored, like on a plane.
Do you like theme parks or nature parks?
Definitely nature parks! Theme parks are hectic and to be in nature is calming for me.
What is your favorite show or movie you can watch over and over again and never get tired of?
I have many – Dirty Dancing, Torch Song Trilogy, In America, Finding Nemo
Do you have any pets?
Not at this time.
What place would you like to visit?
Every place I’ve not been to yet! At the top of my bucket list is Greece but I’ve been thinking a lot about Scotland and the Isle of Tiree lately.
What is your favorite meal?
Any meal which tastes yummy and doesn’t mess with my stomach.
How do you feel about littering?
I think it’s wrong! Put trash where it belongs!
Do you prefer hot or cold weather?
Hot weather, for sure, but not too hot! I prefer comfortably warm.
The nominees I’ve selected are fairly new to the blogging world but something about them caught my eye. I would like to use this award to highlight their thoughts. Obviously, what everyone enjoys is subjective, we don’t all like the same things but this is a way to “pay it forward”, so to speak, and to showcase what these writers feel they need to share. I hope you decide to take a look!
A Prolific Potpourri
The Bookish Recovering Know-It-All
Spill It Out
Stories of Ecstasy
My 11 questions for the nominees
- Who is the most influential person in your life and why?
- If you were forbidden to ever write again, what would you be doing instead?
- What is your favorite color?
- Who is the musical artist which gives you the chills?
- Is a taco a sandwich?
- Do you prefer small intimate gatherings or large loud parties?
- What was a milestone in your life you are particularly proud of?
- Do you like where you live or would you rather be somewhere else?
- Do you prefer chocolate or potato chips as a snack?
- What issue in today’s world gets you riled up the most?
- Besides writing, any other form of art you are attracted to?
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive this award
- Write 11 new questions for the nominated bloggers
- List the rules and display them on your post
- Notify the nominees about the nomination by commenting on one of their posts