I was nominated by Jeshea Lim – blogger at Critically Royal for this latest Sunshine Blogger Award! Please check out her website where she has learned to “immortalize her inner self into being.” Thank you, Jeshea! You do it very well. 🙂
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
The Sunshine Blogger Award Rules
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog.
- List the Rules and display an award logo on your blog post.
- Answer the 11 Questions the Blogger has asked you.
- Nominate 11 New Blogs to receive the award and notify them by a comment on any of their posts.
- Ask the Nominees 11 New Questions.
Jeshea’s Questions for Me
- Why did you start blogging? After being inspired by a gentleman younger than myself, I decided I had a voice that needed to be heard. That began back at the end of 2010. Two blogs followed – Susi’s Soap Box and PhiloSusi – then came the idea for the first book, Feeling Human. My next blog – I Write Her – was a way to introduce myself to the WordPress community but it became so much more! It’s my happy place now. 🙂 A year after the first book, came the second – Every Day I Pause. So long story short, I needed to write and this became the perfect platform for me!
- What’s is your best experience in life so far? I would say it’s the privilege of being alive. There just isn’t a single best experience as every good one feels good for its own reasons.
- If you could travel anywhere, where would it be and why? Right now, The Isle of Tiree in Britain. Something is drawing me there, probably the peace and quiet as well as the landscape.
- What’s your comfort food and why? Anything that doesn’t upset my stomach. 🙂
- What is your greatest fear? That after trying to live a decent and honorable life, I would be rewarded a slow, painful death. That would suck and be indecent.
- What inspires you? People who know how to love, express themselves well and think critically. All those attributes in one person, well that’s a triple threat!
- Who is your role model? See answer #6
- If you could choose an imaginary place to live, where would it be and why? It would most certainly have to have two landscapes – a forest on one side and a beach on the other. A Yin Yang look and feel, one being open and the other a closed environment. This clearly demonstrates what life is – opposites but for me, it would be what I need in my life. There are times I’m very open and wish to feel small in an awesome, expansive world and other times when I just want to be hidden, secluded and hugged by my surroundings. Ideally, it would be invisible and floating around in Earth’s atmosphere where I could also continue to observe the inhabitants below me. Naturally, all my favorite people would be welcome to join me if they need an escape from the rat race.
- What are you favorite books? The ones which have meant something to me beyond the words on the page are: Far From The Tree – Andrew Solomon, Arrow Smith – Sinclair Lewis, Looking Backward: 2000-1887 & Equality– Edward Bellamy, The Hours – Michael Cunningham
- If you could have dinner with someone who is dead, who would it be and why? My grandfathers. I never got to meet either of them and would like to know more about them as well as our screwy family from their perspective.
- How do you spend your past time? Curled up with a good book, thinking, going out with my friends and family, walking.
Questions for my nominees
- What style of writing do you prefer?
- When you were a child, were your dreams encouraged?
- What event has had the most influence on you?
- Stick shift or automatic?
- What genre of movies do you watch the most and why?
- Do you keep up with climate change events?
- Do you know who Greta Thunberg is?
- Chocolate or Vanilla?
- What is your favorite B Movie actor and why?
- What is the most pleasing season of the year?
- What is your favorite part of the house?
I nominate the following people for the award
I’m looking forward to your responses! This is such a great way to connect with the WordPress community. 🙂